Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 1 - 7days of art about weather

After I choose this exercise, doing one art piece a day(influenced by weather), I had no idea it was going to make my mind crazy.  Last night for about 3 hours, and at dinner I thought, thought and thought. Wrote down what I could think of about weather and ending with this idea.....

I have decided to make today, day 1. I need a full 24 hours to complete my task. 

WEATHER is at time unexplainable in its attempt to drastically reface our planet. Instant tornado, hurricanes, tsunami....and it goes on. As quick as rocket fuel lit with a match, our world shifts before our eyes.

I definitely feel like I am at the first day of my sculpture class all over. I can hear his voice in my head, he is making this a test. And after each art piece is created the critic in him pours out verbiage developing ways to tell me I need to dig deeper into my mind. What I have created is shit, crap, no concept blah blah blah....
 
I just need to make something. Maybe at the end of the 7days I will have created something much more than where my thoughts are now. Its about reflection, and finding something within the layers of thought. By the end of tonight I will have my first piece.

art block......

-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment